This is a delicious milk chocolate buttercream frosting that you can use to frost and decorate your favorite cakes, cupcakes, pancakes and other desserts. It is very easy to prepare, plus you will need only 10 minutes to make it! Here is the recipe:
- 4 ounce (1 extra-large) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate candy bar (see note below)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a small bowl, add milk chocolate candy bar. Melt over a double-boiler or microwave for 30 sec. intervals, until the chocolate, is melted and smooth. Leave aside. Allow cooling.
- Next, using an electric mixer, beat together powdered sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Then, put heavy cream and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Add in milk chocolate and beat until fully.
- Fill or top cupcakes, cookies, or cakes, using a knife or piping bag. Sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles (if desired).
Note: I used the XL Hershey’s Milk Chocolate candy bar but you can also use 4 regular sizes (1.55 oz.) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate candy bars – or other milk chocolate bars of your choice.