Creamy and delicious – this maple pecan frosting will offer your cupcakes, cakes, and ice creams an amazing, unique taste and texture. The preparation method is so simple and easy but the taste is so rich and special!
Photo by thefoodcharlatan.com
Serves: Makes enough to frost 1 double layer cake or 24 cupcakes
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Chop the pecans in a blender. Set a frying pan over medium heat. Place the pecans and stir occasionally until they begin to smell tasty, or until they barely begin to brown. Leave aside to cool.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat the butter to within 1-inch, beat it for a couple minutes until it is fluffy. Add the maple syrup and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Whisk well. Add maple extract, 1 cup powdered sugar, and salt. Whisk well.
- Add the finely chopped pecans when they are entirely cooled; beat shortly. You are done!
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.