I love winter but when late February and March come – am done with it – it can get really boring! So, I decided to include some summery-tropical feeling in my home and soul by cooking delicious mango and coconut dessert – the aroma was incredible…
For a touch of tropical add coconut and mango to the dessert mix. Start this recipe the day before.
- 300ml cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut essence
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin (or 1 gelatin leaf)
- 1/4 cup water, just boiled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups frozen mango cheeks, thawed, pureed (see Notes)
- 1 cup thick Greek yogurt (check out: Is Greek Yogurt Better for Your Health?)
- Sliced mango, extra, to serve
- Toasted coconut, to serve
- Cream, to serve
- Line base and side of a 12 x 23cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Combine cream and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add essence.
- In a small jug, whisk gelatin briskly into the water with a fork until dissolved. Blend into the hot cream with juice. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk in mango and yogurt. Pour into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight until set.
- To serve, remove plastic and invert mousse onto a serving plate. Gently remove the pan, then paper. Serve in slices topped with extra sliced mango, coconut, and cream.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.