These lemon cream cheese bars are so refreshing, decadent, and delicious! You will need just 15 minutes to prepare them and 30 to cook – simple as that! They look nice, smell amazing, and taste like heaven! Here is the recipe:
Servings 12 to 14
- 2 (8 oz.) packs crescent rolls, refrigerated
- 2 (8 oz.) packs cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Limoncello liqueur (plus extra to drizzle)
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Spray 9 by 13-in. baking dish with cooking spray. To reach edges and keep together – to the bottom of the dish – press a can of the crescent rolls.
- (Bake the first layer of the roll till just done – around 5 to 8 minutes, to make sure that it is done, not raw.)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese shortly and apply ½ cup of sugar. Pour in Limoncello and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the crescent rolls. Now, roll the remaining crescent dough over the top, stretch to the edges and seal. The, brush across the top of the roll with the melted butter, drizzle some more Limoncello liqueur, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for around 30 minutes, or just until golden brown. Remove and let it cool for 15 minutes then refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Before serving to decorate with a lemon slice (if desired); slice and serve.