Desserts with citrus fruits can be really refreshing and sweet! Many people like lava cake and this is probably one of the most ordered cakes in many restaurants all over the world. I really love moist cakes and lava is definitely one of them! However, am kind of bored from the classic chocolate lava cake, so I tried to make something different and more refreshing – and I found this delicious lemon lava cake recipe – easy, zesty and full of flavors!
Photo by Cooking Classy
Servings 12 lava cakes
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1 cup (1 ½ stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup lemon curd (here is the recipe: LINK)
- zest of 1 ½ lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- powdered sugar/ fresh or frozen berries and/or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F/ 220°C/ Gas Mark 7. Then, butter 12 six-ounce ramekins. Put on baking sheet and set aside.
- Next, in a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and white chocolate for 1 minute. Stir and carry on microwaving in 10-secondintervals until smooth and melted.
- When melted, whisk in powdered sugar, flour, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon curd. Add egg yolks and eggs, whisking until well combined.
- Divide consistently among prepared ramekins. Then, bake for about 15 minutes, or till the edges are set. Remove from oven. Let stand for five minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the edge of the cake to loosen the cake. Invert onto serving plate and top with berries, whipped cream, or some powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.