This lemon buttercream frosting can be an ideal, refreshing addition to your favorite cupcakes, cakes, pancakes, even cocktails, coffees, or milkshakes. Buttery, creamy and lemony…simple delicious! Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons heavy cream
- Using an electric mixer, on low speed, beat the butter and sugar together until well combined and smooth. Then, add 2 tablespoons lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and mix well again. Finally, beat in the heavy cream and mix to thin it out a little. You will get a nice frosting. You are done!
- Spoon or pipe on your dessert and enjoy!