- 75 g/3 oz. /6 tbsps. butter
- 4 tbsps. plain/all-purpose flour
- 750 ml/1 ¼ pints/3 cups milk
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 9 sheets lasagne
- 1 quantity of prepared Bolognese sauce
- 75g/3oz/3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- garlic bread, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, 15 minutes before cooking. To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a small heavy-based pan, add the flour and cook gently, stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk. Return to the heat and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and stir in the mustard. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Butter a rectangular ovenproof dish and spread a thin layer of the white sauce over the base. Cover completely with 3 sheets of lasagne.
Spoon a quarter of the prepared Bolognese sauce over the lasagne. Spoon over a quarter of the remaining white sauce, then sprinkle with a quarter of the grated Parmesan cheese. Repeat the layers. finishing with Parmesan cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden-brown. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately with warm garlic bread.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.