Jumbo Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
A perfect treat for all peanut butter lovers! Have you had a good day at work? Your daughter made you proud today? Coping with a terrible breakup or divorce? Don’t worry! This jumbo chocolate peanut butter cake will make you celebrate yourself, your life, or …will simply make your day! Enjoy!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 18 ounces/510 grams milk, semisweet, and/or dark, bittersweet chocolate (preferably 70% cacao), chopped
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut or other vegetable oil
- 1 pound unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts (around 3 1/2 cups)
- 3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- A 10″ fluted tart pan with removable bottom
- Special Equipment
- Spray inside of tart pan ring with nonstick spray. Wrap removable bottom of the pan with plastic wrap; gather excess plastic underneath (it should be smooth on top of the removable bottom). Set inside the ring.
- Heat chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water (bowl should not touch water), stirring, until melted. Remove from heat and, stirring constantly, add oil. Let cool, stirring occasionally, until chocolate mixture firms slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Put a little less than half of chocolate mixture into prepared pan; reserve remaining chocolate mixture at room temperature. Tilt pan till bottom is evenly coated. Chill until firm, around 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, purée powdered sugar, salt, peanuts, and peanut butter in a food processor, scraping bowl often, till mixture creates a large mass around the blade that sticks together; don’t overprocess or mixture will be too soft and greasy.
- Transfer peanut blend to a large sheet of wax paper. Press firmly into a disk 1/4″ smaller than the diameter of the tart pan, around 9 3/4″, till no cracks remain. Slowly insert a disk into the tart pan, centering it. Peel off and discard wax paper.
- Place reserved chocolate mixture (it need to be the consistency of fudge sauce) over the center of peanut disk. Tilt pan to spread completely over the top, filling the gap between edges of pan and disk, till smooth. Chill until firm, around 45 minutes.
- Remove sides of tart pan. Carefully lift tart off the bottom of the pan, then slide onto a platter while removing plastic wrap. Leave it at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes, then cut into wedges.
Note: the only ingredient for the peanuts need to be “peanuts.” Do not buy the dry roasted peanuts that have many seasonings or the peanuts with oil and salt added.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.