This Italian Ferrero cheesecake recipe is ideal for everyone who likes the Ferrero Rocher (popular Italian chocolates) and the taste of Nutella spread. You can enjoy it with a nice glass of Prosecco or champagne.
Servings 10 to 12
For the biscuit base:
- 20 (300 grams) digestive biscuits
- 5 ounces (140 grams) unsalted butter
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1 and ½ cups (300 ml) heavy cream, chilled
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 500g (18 ounces) full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cups (85 grams) confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 5 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, cut into little pieces
- 4-5 tablespoons Nutella (or other chocolate-hazelnut spread of your choice), for drizzling or spreading
- 25 grams chopped hazelnuts
- Ferrero Rocher chocolates
To make the cheesecake base:
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Place the biscuits in a blender and mix to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and combine well.
- Tip the biscuit crumbs into a springform cake tin, press down until firm. Smooth over with a back of a spoon or glass. Place in the fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl beat together the confectioner’s sugar with the cream cheese until softened. In another bowl whisk together the vanilla and cream until soft peaks form. Fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture. Lastly, fold through the chopped chocolates.
- Use a spatula or palette knife to smoothly spoon over the biscuit base. Cover and let the cheesecake chill in the fridge for at least 6-7 hours (or ideally overnight).
- When the cheesecake has set, melt the Nutella in a microwave for 20 sec. or put it in a saucepan and melt over a very low heat for 2 minutes until runny – you must be careful not to boil the chocolate hazelnut spread or get it too hot.
- Let the Nutella cool slightly before drizzling or spreading over the top of the cheesecake. Decorate with the remaining chocolates and chocolate hazelnuts (if desired). Serve chilled.