Happy dessert – so delicious and low in calories – just perfect! The favorite dessert of many Italian restaurants inspired a tasty lighter version—enjoy!
Italian Tiramisu Parfaits
- 4 (half of 8-oz package) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- ¾ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 container (6 oz.) yogurt French vanilla
- 1/3 cup cold brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur, cold brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1 package (3 oz.) soft ladyfingers, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 semisweet baking chocolate, grated (1/4 cup)
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in ricotta cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy. Beat in yogurt until well blended. In a small bowl, mix espresso and liqueur.
- In 8 small parfait glasses or clear drinking glasses, layer half of the ladyfingers, half of the espresso mixture and half of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle each with about 3/4 teaspoon grated chocolate. Repeat layers.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors but no longer than 4 hours. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Note: I’ve replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the original.
Instead of the ladyfingers, you can use 4 cups angel food cake cubes.
Don’t want to grate chocolate? A sprinkle of baking cocoa in place of the chocolate on each layer is a nice substitute.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.