This sparkling strawberry sorbet is the real deal for summer! It is so refreshing and delicious – you got to love it! Vanessa, my dear friend from Rome, gave me this recipe last summer and since then it is a regular part of many parties in our house, especially in spring and summer. It is a nice treat that looks wonderful and it is very easy to prepare – you will need just 7 minutes to make it, plus around 30 minutes to cook. Here is the recipe:
For the strawberry sorbet:
- 3 cups strawberries, hulls removed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 to 6 oz. simple syrup to taste
- 2 tablespoons Limoncello (optional)
For the cocktail:
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Prosecco or Moscato (or even Pinot Grigio), chilled
- In a blender or food processor, purée strawberries, lemon juice, simple syrup, and Limoncello until smooth. Place in the fridge to chill for ½ an hour.
- Next, a process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Place in the freezer to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon two scoops into serving glasses and top with chilled Prosecco/Moscato/Pinot Grigio.
- Decorate with a strawberry. Serve immediately with straws. Freeze the remaining sorbet.
Buon Appetito! Cin-cin!