This Italian green and white bean salad look so fantastic and taste amazing! It is easy to prepare, an ideal dish for any time of the season. Plus, it is a healthy meal choice that looks nice so your kids will not hesitate to try it and enjoy its taste. Here is the recipe:
- 115 grams/4 oz. dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight
- 225 grams/ 8 oz. French beans, topped and tailed
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 black olives, stoned
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Drain the soaked beans and put in a saucepan with plenty of fresh water to cover. Bring to the boil, then boil rapidly for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for a further 30 minutes, or until tender but not disintegrating. Add salt in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, plunge the French beans into the water, return to the boil and cook for 4 minutes, until just tender but still brightly colored and crunchy. Drain and set aside. Whisk together the dressing ingredients, then leave to stand.
- While both types of bean are still slightly warm, tip them into a shallow serving dish or arrange on individual warmed plates. Scatter over the onion slices, olive, and chives. Whisk the dressing again and soon over the salad.
- Serve immediately, at room temperature.