This Italian farfalle and chicken in white wine sauce dish are so delicious! Easy and ideal for every season! Surprise your family with a rich, quick, and tasty meal this weekend, here is the recipe:
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, about 450 grams/1 lb. in total weight
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 grams/4 oz. feta cheese
- 1 small/medium egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon
- 50 grams/2 oz./4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 150 ml/1/4 pints/2/3 cup white wine
- 150 ml/1/4 pints/ 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 350 grams/12 oz. fresh farfalle
- 3-4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of greaseproof/wax paper and using a meat mallet or wooden rolling pin, pound as thinly as possible. Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Mash the feta cheese with a fork and blend with the egg and half the tarragon. Divide the mixture between the chicken breasts and roll up each one. Secure with cocktail sticks/toothpicks.
- Heat half the butter and all the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove using a slotted spoon and reserve. Add the chicken parcels to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Pour in the wine and the stock and stir in the remaining tarragon. Cover and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Add the farfalle and cook according to the packet instructions, about 3-4 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, toss in the remaining butter and trip into a warmed serving dish.
- Slice each chicken roll into four pieces and place on the pasta. Whisk the sauce until smooth, then stir in the sour cream and the reserved onion. Heat the sauce gently, then pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.