This chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake pie is one of the tastiest cheesecakes that I’ve ever tried! The recipe is simple, so you can make it anytime you have cravings for sweets. Here is the recipe:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole or chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in mascarpone cheese, sour cream, lime juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for topping, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature or until mixture thickens to a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Spread chocolate mixture over pie; refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, top with hazelnuts.
Note: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350°F/175°C/Gas Mark 4 oven for 5 to 10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.