My husband likes the taste of a coffee so much – especially espresso – so I prepared him this delicious Italian cappuccino cheesecake for the weekend and he loved it!
This coffeehouse-inspired cheesecake is creamy, light, and not overly sweet. You won’t even have to turn on the oven because it’s no-bake! The instant espresso powder in this recipe can be found online and at kitchen specialty shops. It gives the cheesecake a more prominent coffee flavor, but if you don’t have any on hand, instant coffee granules are a suitable substitute. Whipped cream could be piped on top of the cheesecake in a spiral using a piping bag and a plain 1/2-inch decorator tip, or you could swirl it on using an offset spatula.
Servings 10 to 12
For the Crust:
- 1 cup finely crushed shortbread cookies
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- .25 ounce (1 envelope) unflavored powdered gelatin
- 24 ounces (3 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Cocoa for garnish
To make the crust:
- Stir together shortbread crumbs and melted butter until crumbs resemble wet sand. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Place in refrigerator while preparing the filling.
To make the filling:
- Pour milk into a small saucepan and sprinkle powdered gelatin evenly over the surface. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Place pan over low heat and cook while stirring just until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer fitted with whip attachment at medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed; gradually beat in gelatin mixture.
- Combine instant espresso powder with 1 1/2 tablespoons hot water; stir until dissolved. Gradually add coffee mixture into cheesecake batter.
- Spoon batter into pan over crust and spread evenly. Cover and chill until set, about 4 hours.
- Loosen cheesecake from sides of springform pan using a small knife or offset spatula. Remove springform collar.
- Pipe or spread whipped cream over top of the cheesecake and sprinkle with cocoa (or cinnamon) if desired. Store cheesecake in the refrigerator.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.