This no-bake Italian berries and cream cake is so rich, silky, and creamy. It is a delicious cake that you will need just 15 minutes to prepare it, plus around 20-30 minutes to set in the fridge. Surprise your family or friends with this treat and they will definitely love it! Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 3 x large Flan case/white sponge cakes /pandispans
For the berry syrup:
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup berries
For the filling:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- ½ cup fresh berries of your choice (I used cherries and raspberries for this one)
For the glaze:
- 1 recipe Berry glaze (here is the recipe: LINK)
To make the filling:
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the heavy cream and sugar until thick and creamy, then add the zest and mix shortly again. Set aside.
- Next, prepare the vanilla pudding according to the package directions. Set aside. Now, prepare the berry syrup.
To make the syrup:
- In a small saucepan, add the water, honey, and berries and place on medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and spread ½ of the syrup over the flan cases/sponge cakes/pandispans.
To layer the cake:
- Place a flan case on a cake plate. Spread some of the vanilla pudding over, then a little amount of the berry syrup, a few fresh berries, and top with a cream. Then, set the second layer. Press slightly. Repeat the procedure with the filling. Finish with the third layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the glaze according to the recipe. Spread over the cake and place in the fridge to set for around 10 minutes. Slice and serve.