Enjoy breakfast more than ever with these simple and delicious Italian baked eggs. It is a traditional recipe but that does not mean that you got to stay in the kitchen for hours – for this one you will need just 5 minutes to prepare plus 10 more to cook. Buon Giorno!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup low-fat or fat-free milk
- 5 tablespoons gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chiffonade basil leaves (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7. Lightly oil two 10-ounce coat or ramekins with nonstick spray.
- Next, spread marinara sauce evenly into the dishes. Top with milk, eggs, and gruyere, and season with salt and pepper (to taste). To finish, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake around 10 minutes or until egg whites are cooked through. Serve immediately. Before serving, garnish with basil leaves (optional).