This is a quick homemade Nutella hazelnut spread recipe that you can make anytime and surprise your kids and family with a nice piece of bread (like ciabatta) and Nutella spread. They will love it! And you will need only 5-8 minutes to prepare it. Plus, you can control the sugar and other ingredients from this recipe.
Servings 2 cups
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or canola oil)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over a double-boiler or in a microwave for 30 sec. intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Next, in a food processor or blender, grind the hazelnuts to create a paste. Then, add the sugar, salt, vanilla, oil, and cocoa powder, and continue to process until smooth. Place the melted chocolate and mix all over again until well-incorporated and very smooth.
- Press the batter through a fine strainer in order to remove any hazelnut chunks, which might be left behind. Let the batter cool (because it will be pretty warm from processing or blending).
- Store it in an airtight container and cover. It can sit at room temperature. The stored homemade Nutella hazelnut spread will keep for up to two weeks.