These grilled lamb ribs with rosemary and garlic taste like heaven! Impress your family or friends this weekend by preparing this delicious recipe and they will love it! The recipe is a modification of the traditional Italian roasted lamb with rosemary and garlic recipe.
So, if the weather is bad and you planned this dish for lunch then do it in the kitchen just take a large roasting tin/pan and preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and the rest of the instructions are the same:
- 6 kg/3 ½ lb lamb ribs
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- Few fresh rosemary springs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices pancetta (optional)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Optional, if desired:
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, to garnish
- Freshly cooked ratatouille, to serve
- Prepare the grill. 15 minutes before grilling, wipe each rib of lamb with a clean, damp cloth, then place the lamb in a large dish. With a sharp knife make small, deep incisions into the meat. Cut 2-3 garlic cloves into slam slivers, then insert with a few small sprigs of rosemary into the lamb. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cover the lamb ribs with the slices of pancetta (if using).
- Drizzle over 1 tablespoons of the olive oil and lay a few more rosemary springs across the lamb. Grill for 30 minutes (15 minutes on each side), then pour over the vinegar.
- Arrange the potatoes, onion and remaining garlic across the lamb (if using) and pour the remaining olive oil over the potatoes.
- Grill until the lamb ribs are tender. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve immediately with roast potatoes and ratatouille (if desired).