This grilled chicken with sweet chili-peach glaze tastes like heaven! Easy and simple to prepare, you can prepare this BBQ meal for the weekend and surprise your family or friends with a delicious lunch that everybody loves! Here is the recipe:
- 2 lb. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 4 peaches (sliced in half, pitted, divided)
- Zest and juice of lime
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 red onions (sliced into ¾-inch rings)
- 7–8 bamboo skewers (soaked in water)
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, apply lime juice, lime zest, sweet chili sauce, and one peach (roughly chopped); blend until smooth and transfer to a small bowl.
- Next, on a rimmed sheet pan apply chopped green onions and remaining peaches (quarter-sliced). Lightly drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Then, preheat grill on medium-high. In the meantime, rinse the meat and pat dry thoroughly. Now, on another rimmed sheet pan apply chicken – drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with black pepper and salt.
- Apply chicken meat on grill; cook covered for ten minutes. Flip the meat and place onions, green onions, and peaches to grill. Cover for five minutes and flip vegetables and peaches.
- Once the meat reaches an internal temperature of 150°-155°, brush glaze on it and flip chicken until well glazed and browned on both sides (the internal temperature should be 165°); total cooking time for this kind of meat is around 25 minutes. Vegetables and peaches should be slightly charred and have dark grill marks; cooking time is around 8 -10 minutes.
- To finish, transfer to a large platter; serve with remaining glaze.