This sandwich is just like eating Buffalo Wings but the bun keeps your hands clean! So, how great is that?! You will need only 10 minutes to make this delicious sandwich. Here is the recipe:
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce
- 6 buns ( for this one I used potato rolls for hamburgers)
- Tomatoes, sliced thinly
- Onions, sliced thinly
- Ranch Dressing
- Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan to 375 degrees F. Combine 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon chili powder. Mix the seasonings together to combine and sprinkle on both sides of each chicken breast to coat. Spray the chicken breast with olive oil or drizzle on.
- Lightly spray the heated grill/grill pan with olive oil and place chicken breast in the grill pan and cover. Let them do their thing for 5 minutes without interruption. You want to let them sear nicely without moving them around. Set the timer! Then flip them over and cook, covered, another 5-6 minute until the juices run clear and they are cooked to 160 degrees F. and no longer pink inside. You can use an instant-read thermometer to check the temperature for safety.
- Remove from grill pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and combine with 1/2 cup red hot sauce. Give it a taste and add salt as needed. It will be spicy, but I recommend giving this a try before adjusting the heat as the dressing will help cool it down a bit.
- Spray inside of buns with olive oil and toast under the broiler until golden brown.
- Get your buns, arugula, tomatoes, onions and ranch dressing ready to assemble. Place arugula on bun bottoms as much or as little as you like. Dip the chicken in the hot sauce, allowing excess to drip off just a bit and place each chicken breast on top of arugula and top with ranch dressing, tomato slices, and onion slices.
- Place the bun top on.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.