This cake is the perfect treat – a frozen crunch cake with a nice sweet apple pie flavor and lot of caramel sauce to cure your dessert cravings! Plus, a layer of crunchy crushed granola bars – which makes this cake an ideal breakfast that will give you energy and make you happy early in the morning!
- 1 box granola bars (crushed into coarse crumbs)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 cups softened cinnamon or vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 can apple pie filling (chop up the apple pieces)
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, plus extra for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the granola bars in a food processor and process to a coarse crumb consistency. In a large mixing bowl, add the granola bar crumbs, flour, brown sugar and melted butter and stir to mix together.
- Spread the mixture out onto a pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool completely. Spread half of the crumb mixture onto the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish. Reserve the other half of the crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened ice cream and stir in the apple pie pieces and caramel sauce. Pour the mixture over the crumbs in the 8×8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top, cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.