These delicious white chocolate Limoncello truffles look amazing and taste refreshing! A touch of Limoncello liqueur adds extra flair to these nice, mini white truffles. The method is so easy and quick! You can have them for Easter, for the weekend with a shot of Limoncello or other creamy drink. All I can promise is that they will definitely make your day!
Servings around 32
For the truffles:
- 250 grams white chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Limoncello liqueur
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
For the white chocolate coating:
- 200 g white chocolate, chopped
- A few drops of yellow food color (optional)
- ½ cup white powdered sugar
To make the truffles:
- Place white chocolate in heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, heat butter with cream over medium heat just until melts and bubbles form around edge of saucepan.
- Pour over the white chocolate; beat until smooth. Beat in lemon zest and Limoncello. Cover and place in the freezer until firm, around 30 minutes.
- Then, smoothly and carefully roll to form balls. Put them in the freezer until hard, about 30 minutes.
To make the white chocolate coating:
- In a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of hot water, melt 1/2 of the white chocolate. Add a few drops of the yellow food color (to desired shade) into the chocolate; let cool slightly.Using 2 forks and working with 1 sheet of truffles, dip each into chocolate, tapping forks on edge of bowl in order to get rid of the excess.
- Next, sprinkle tops with powdered sugar. Refrigerate until coating hardens, around 30 minutes. Serve.