This pistachio mousse cake is so refreshing and delicious! It is an easy Italian recipe that can be perfect for the spring-summer season. Surprise your family and friends by making this easy, unique pistachio mousse cake for the weekend – they will love it! Here is how:
- 450 grams heavy cream
- 50 grams pistachio paste
- 450 grams milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 grams sugar
- 10 grams (1 package) gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Berries, to garnish (optional)
- Pistachios, to garnish (optional)
- Combine the gelatin and water in a cup or small bowl. Set aside to set for 3 minutes.
- Beat the heavy cream until creamy. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add milk, vanilla extract, pistachio paste and apply on a medium heat. Bring to simmer.
- In the meantime, beat the sugar and egg yolks until pale.
- When the mixture is ready, pour the milk mixture into the bowl with the egg yolk mixture, combine and return the batter to the saucepan.
- Turn the heat on low, and bring the batter to 84C, stirring constantly.
- Add the gelatin mix and stir shortly – just until well combined. Remove from the heat and strain the batter.
- Let cool in an ice bath or place in the freezer for around 7 minutes. Finally, fold in the whipped cream and mix until well incorporated. Place the mousse in a deep, round cake tin pan. Refrigerate for 5-6 hours to set. Before servings, sprinkle some berries or pistachios. Slice and serve.
Tip: If you don’t like “naked” mousse cake, you can apply a crust (buy or prepare, here is a basic recipe: LINK) into the cake tin and spread over the mousse batter.