These Oreo lava cakes are so rich, creamy, moist, and very delicious! If you like Oreo cookies, then these lava cakes are the ideal dessert for you! Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup fat-free or low-fat milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup cold low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup instant Oreo pudding mix
- 4 Oreo cookies (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine cold milk and pudding mix. Then, beat a whisk until no lumps remain and you get a nice, smooth mixture. Leave the mixture at room temperature for around 5 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Next, prepare 4 ramekins by spraying with nonstick oil and grease with flour.
- In a heatproof bowl, pour milk and add chopped chocolate, cover and microwave for around 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Apply in remaining cake ingredients. Beat until batter is completely smooth.
- Spread batter into prepared ramekins, till they are about ½ full. Apply 2 tablespoons of Oreo pudding mix to the middle of each ramekin. Divide remaining mixture between the 4 ramekins, and make sure to entirely cover the Oreo filling. Don’t worry, the cakes won’t rise very high during baking, thus, if they are around 2/3- 3/4 full, it’s ok.
- Put ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 17 to 18 minutes, or just until the surface of each cake is set (be careful, do not dry them completely).
- Remove from oven and use a small spatula to dislodge the sides of the cakes from the ramekins.
- Next, place a small plate on top of every ramekin, and real fast – upturn the plate with ramekin, so the plate is on the bottom and the ramekin is upturned on top – when inverting each ramekin – the lava cake should be on the plate. Decorate with an Oreo cookie (if desired). Serve immediately.