I really like lemon flavored everything – especially sweet desserts with a lemon flavor – there is nothing more refreshing, delicious, and nice. My husband love mousses – his ideal breakfast consists of fruit mousse and a cup of espresso early in the morning. So, this is totally his jam! Here is my lemon cheesecake mousse recipe:
Image Credit: cookingclassy.com
For the Crust:
- 7/8 cup (75 grams/2.6 oz.) crushed graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Mousse:
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (20 grams) unflavored gelatin powder or 5 gelatin leaves
- 1 cup (110g) powdered sugar, divided
- 2 cups (420 ml) heavy cream
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 (10 oz.) jar lemon curd
- 13 oz. (360g) cream cheese softened
- Sweetened whipped cream, lemon wedges, berries, and mint for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl whisk together sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Put in butter and stir till evenly moistened. Next, divide mixture among 10-12 dessert cups. Lightly press into an even layer. Set aside.
- Pour water and lemon juice into a small bowl. Then, sprinkle gelatin evenly over top, let rest 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, whip heavy cream in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add in 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, tint with the food coloring (if desired) and whip until stiff (not lumpy) peaks form (shake cream from beaters, no need to clean).
- In a large mixing bowl whip cream cheese until fluffy and smooth. Combine lemon curd and remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar into cream cheese mix.
- Heat rested gelatin mixture in the microwave on high power for 20 seconds. Then, whisk for one minute to thoroughly dissolve gelatin. Let cool 2-3 minutes (no longer or it might start to set then you can end up with little lumps in the mousse).
- While mixing cream cheese mix with a hand mixer, slowly put in gelatin mixture then blend until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold ½ of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mix to lighten, next add remaining whipped cream and gently fold until well combined.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into dessert cups over the cracker layer. In the end, cover and put in the fridge for 3 hours (or preferably overnight) to set. You can garnish with some berries, lemon slice, or/ and mint leaf. Serve cold.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.