This is easy French vanilla layer cake with a whipped French vanilla buttercream frosting. You can make this dessert for any occasion – it can be served with a cup of coffee or you can add some colorful sprinkles and make it a beautiful birthday cake. Plus, if you garnish it with some fresh strawberries or raspberries – you will get a rich and elegant dessert.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons French vanilla blend
- Whipped French Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (here is the recipe: LINK)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Mix cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, and French Vanilla Mix in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed about one minute. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans.
- Bake as directed on package. Cool on wire racks.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread with around 1/2 cup of Whipped French Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish as desired.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.