This is probably one of the easiest French chocolate macarons recipes – well, macarons can be complicated and demanding – however, with a few simple tricks, you will be an expert in no time. These nice little sandwich cookies are so delicious and go perfectly with a cup of cocoa, coffee, or tea.
Servings 30 macarons
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Nutella, strained jam, or other filling of your choice
- Whisk together almond meal, cocoa, and confectioner’s sugar. Sift over a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, around 2 minutes. Slowly add granulated sugar and almond extract, beat until medium shiny peaks, about 4-5 minutes.
- Fold egg whites into almond mixture until combined. Combine with spatula until you can get a very smooth mass with a consistency of honey.
- Transfer mixture to a pastry bag, detach 1/2 inch off tip. Pipe 1-inch rounds about 1 inch apart on parchment-lined sheets.
- Let dry 30 minutes to an hour and a half until tops are firm and dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 F/ 180 C/ Gas Mark 4. Bake one sheet at a time for about 15 minutes, rotating once.
- Let cool completely on wire racks before filling and sandwiching cookies together. Serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.