These Ferrero Rocher and Nutella cheesecake are one of my favorite Italian recipes because it includes Ferrero candies and Nutella, which are absolutely my jam! This cake is rich, creamy, and beautiful – so you can make it for many occasions – holidays, anniversaries, dinner parties, or birthdays – or simply because you like the taste of Nutella and Ferrero Rocher just like I do!
Note: For this recipe, you will need 24 cm or a 9-inch round springform pan. It is better to use one of those 1-use aluminum foil pans from the grocery stores.
For the crust:
- 200 grams digestive biscuits
- 100 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
For the cheesecake:
- 200 grams sugar
- 700 grams cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate liqueur (like Baileys)
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 14 Ferrero Rocher chocolates – cut into large chunks
For the topping:
- Chopped roasted hazelnuts and Nutella
To make the crust:
- Combine together all the ingredients for the crust and press into the bottom of the springform pan. Put in the fridge.
To make the cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Fill the oven tray with water for the water bath.
- Mix sugar and cream cheese (at room temperature) in a large bowl with a hand mixer; whisk together until smooth.
- Next, add the eggs, one at a time, combining each before adding the next. Add the whipping cream, Baileys, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Lastly, add the Ferrero Rocher candies.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan with the crust and tap the pan on the counter a few times to bring all air bubbles to the surface. If the springform pan isn’t airtight (if you did not find a foil pan), before adding water – cover bottom securely with foil.
- Put the pan inside the oven tray with the boiling water and bake till it’s almost done (around 45 to 55 minutes). But it isn’t completely firm, still should have a lot of jiggle in the center.
- Next, turn the heat off and cool in the oven for about 50 minutes. (This lets the dessert finish cooking and cool down gently enough so that it will not crack on the top).
- After 50 minutes, remove from oven. Let it cool on the kitchen counter.
- Cover the top with Nutella (a little melted) and some chopped hazelnuts, cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge until next day.
- Before serving, run a knife around the edges of the springform pan and unmold.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.