This chocolate panna cotta is so lovely! If you like chocolate – this will easily become one of the most prepared desserts in your house. You can surprise your family and friends with this chocolaty treat, especially those who like unique but simple chocolate taste.
- 11 g packet gelatin (or 3 gelatin leaves)
- 250 ml/8 fl oz. /1 cup whole milk
- 250 ml/8 fl oz. /1 cup double/heavy cream
- 150 grams high-quality semisweet chocolate
- 1 vanilla pod/bean, split in half lengthways or few drops vanilla extract
- 25 g/1 oz. / 1/8 cup caster/superfine sugar
- Pour 75 ml/3 fl oz. /5 tbsps. almost-boiling water into a heatproof bowl then sprinkles in the powdered gelatin. Stir until dissolved, then leave to cool. If using gelatin leaves cover the leaves with the water and leave for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Pour the milk and cream into a heavy-based saucepan and add the vanilla pod/bean or add the vanilla extract together with the sugar. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Turn off the heat and add the chocolate. When the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well-combined remove from the heat.
- Then, stir in the gelatin liquid in a thin, steady stream or add the softened leaves and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Discard the vanilla pod and pour the milk mixture into four 150 ml/ ¼ pint/ 2/3 cup ramekins or small dishes.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour until set. Serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.