This chocolate chip cheesecake with chocolate mousse is so rich, creamy and delicious! It goes perfectly with a nice glass of prosecco or champagne. I love spending time with my husband on the balcony, especially after lunch with a generous piece of this chocolate mousse cake and a drink. Here is the recipe:
For the base:
- 1½ cup chocolate crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the cheesecake layer:
- 2 boxes cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
For the chocolate mousse:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee, cooled
- ½ cup heavy cream – whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/ 165°C/ Gas Mark 3. In a medium bowl combine the sugar, butter, and crumbs.
- Press the mix into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan and bake for 7 minutes.
To make the chocolate layer:
- In the meantime, beat the sugar and cheese together until light and fluffy. Put the eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until combined then add the chocolate chips.
- Then, pour the mixture over the crust. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Next, cool in the fridge before topping with the mousse layer.
To make the mousse layer:
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan. In a separate bowl whisk together the vanilla, coffee, sugar, and egg yolks.
- Add a few tablespoons of chocolate in the egg mixture to bring up to temperature. Put the eggs into the saucepan and stir over low heat until you reach 160 degrees.
- Put the pan in ice water to cool, around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat the cream and slightly fold into the chocolate. Apply the mousse over the cheesecake and place in the fridge for about 2 hours to set.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.