This is an easy cannoli crepes recipe – a beautiful mix of Italian cannoli and French crepes – one of the most delicious and simple desserts. This treat reminds me on a sunny Sunday morning: me and my husband eating cannoli crepes and drinking fresh orange juice and espresso on the balcony…I can’t wait for spring!
Photo by Ashley | The Recipe Rebel
Serves: 10-12 cannoli-filled crepes
For the crepes:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cup flour
For the filling:
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup sweetened whipped cream
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Extra chocolate chips and whipped cream for garnish
To make the crepes:
- In a mixer bowl, combine eggs, sugar, milk, and flour. Mix with hand mixer until well combined. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Mix for another 15 seconds after removing from the refrigerator.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray. Apply a small amount of crepe batter into the pot and tilt the pot to cover the bottom.
- You should cook for around 2 to 3 minutes before flipping, and then cook another 1 to 2 minutes on the other side, till the crepe get light golden brown color and remove to a plate. Repeat the procedure until all batter is used.
To make the filling:
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, vanilla extract, and sugar. Puree with a hand mixer/ hand blender (or blend in food processor or blender) until smooth and combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and whipped cream.
- Next, divide filling between crepes and just roll up. Top with extra whipped cream and/or chocolate chips if desired.
Buon Appetito… or should i say Bon Appétit!
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.