This amazing brownie-mix hack is a chocolate lover’s dream dessert: a chocolate crust with creamy chocolate cheesecake and a topping of silky chocolate ganache. Simply delicious! These brownie batter cheesecake bars are easy to prepare, which makes them ideal for everyone who likes quick and rich desserts.
For the crust:
- 1 box (18.3 oz.) fudge brownie mix
- Eggs, vegetable oil, and water called for on box for cakelike brownies
For the filling:
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
For the topping:
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, if desired
- Heat oven to 325°F/ 165°C/ Gas Mark 3. Spray bottom of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box for cakelike brownies. Measure out 1/2 cup batter; cover and refrigerate for later use. Spread remaining batter in the bottom of the pan. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar; beat until smooth. Add reserved 1/2 cup batter, 2 tablespoons whipping cream and the vanilla; beat until smooth. Add 2 eggs; beat just until blended. Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and 3/4 cup whipping cream uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Spread mixture on top of cheesecake layer. Refrigerate about 4 hours or until cooled completely.
- Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Sprinkle sea salt on top of the chocolate layer before serving, if desired.
Tips: To make cutting your cheesecake easier, dip a sharp straight-edge knife in warm water, and dry it each time you slice. Get creative with your topping! Sprinkle with chopped candy, or top with shaved chocolate for extra indulgence.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.