You will absolutely adore this easy blueberry and orange cheesecake – no matter if you are vegan, vegetarian, or non-vegan! This cake is a proof that there is no excuse for not been vegan just because you cannot find food or the food is terrible – like many people often say. Veganism is a matter of opinion and lifestyle – so vegan or not – the choice is only yours – and there is no any need for explanation or excuses, or doing it because is a “trend”.
Photo by The Rawsome Vegan Life
Anyway – let’s get back to the recipe! I found this recipe on The Rawsome Vegan Life blog – where you can find many other beautiful vegan recipes – and I was just waiting for a moment when to make it, so this weekend my cousin Stella and her boyfriend (both vegans) are visiting – and bingo! The perfect moment to make this amazing raw blueberry and orange cheesecake, easy vegan dessert. Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 2 ½ cups raw nuts
- 1 ½ cup dates or raisins
- A pinch of salt
For the orange cheesecake:
- 4 cups cashews
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup maple syrup/ agave
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- zest of all the oranges you juiced
- a pinch of salt
For the blueberry layer:
- 3 cups blueberries (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup of the orange cheesecake mixture
To make the crust:
- Process the nuts and raisins/dates in a blender until the nuts have become crumbs and the blend sticks together when you press it.
- Then, press into the bottom of a springform pan and place in the fridge.
To make the orange cheesecake:
- Mix all ingredients (except for the orange zest) in a blender (on high speed until smooth. Next, put in the orange zest.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of this blend for the blueberry topping – apply the rest onto the crust and place in the freezer.
To make the blueberry layer:
- Mix the blueberries and the 1/4 cup of cheesecake mixture in your blender until creamy but still with little pieces of blueberry, for texture. Then, spread this over the cheesecake and keep in the fridge or freezer overnight.
- This cake is ideal after 2 days – but if you cannot wait that long, you can serve it the next day – just decorate with some sliced oranges and /or blueberries, carefully cut a piece with a knife and enjoy!
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.