Shout out to all the chocolate lovers! This cake is definitely for you! I mean, who doesn’t like the taste of chocolate – plus, this remarkable ingredient has some really great health benefits (here you can find more about that: how dark chocolate is making the world better place?)
The following double chocolate mousse cake recipe will make your day! Surprise your family or friends with a piece of this fantastic cake. Take this double-layer cake to the 3rd level of indulgence by serving with a dollop of double cream.
- 175 grams plain chocolate biscuits
- 85 grams butter, melted
- 400 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- Cocoa powder (to dust)
- Grease a 20cm (base) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper. Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter. Process until combined.
- Press mixture over base of the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir with a metal spoon for 10 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes (see note).
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream and liqueur until soft peaks form. Fold cream mixture into chocolate.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the base in prepared pan. Smooth with a spatula. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Dust with cocoa. Serve.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.