Spring and summer are ideal seasons to mix fruits and the combination of strawberry and coconut is just perfect! 10 minutes to make, simple and great – that’s how I describe this cute coconut strawberry and lemon bars recipe. Here are the directions:
Serving 10 bars
For the crust:
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg white
- 10 fresh strawberries, chopped
For the filling:
- 3 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- shredded coconut, to sprinkle
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6. Line a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with a little-oversized parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the coconut oil, then add shredded coconut, honey, almond flour, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir until well incorporated and remove from the heat. Allow cool to room temperature and apply the strawberries.
- Next, add 1 egg white to the mix and stir. Spread over the bottom of the prepared pan and press evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove (and reduce the oven to 375°F); let the cake cool. In the meantime, prepare the filling.
To make the filling:
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks until smooth and frothy.
- Apply the honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and almond flour and whisk until well-combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust, place in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes (or until set).
- Let it cool completely. Before serving, cut into squares and sprinkle with shredded coconut.