Quick and easy to prepare, but so fluffy, creamy, and very delicious, this deep-fried Oreos are the ideal quick treat that you can make at home. Surprise your family and friends with this amazing recipe this weekend!
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- additional oil (vegetable or canola) for frying
- Freeze 18 Oreos for about 1 hour.
- Next, fill a cooking pot with 2 to 3 in. of cooking oil; heat to 375°F/ 190°C/ Gas Mark 5.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, pancake mix, egg, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Next, dip each Oreo cookie in the mixture and entirely cover it so you cannot see through the mixture.
- Carefully drop the cookies in the hot oil; fry on each side just till golden brown.
- Using tongs, remove the cooked cookies from oil and drain on paper towels.
- To finish, dust with some confectioner’s sugar.
Serve and enjoy while still warm!
Note: For this recipe, I used Double Stuf Oreos; however, you can experiment with your favorite Oreo cookie variation!