- 250 grams (9 oz.) good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 235 ml (8 ounces) double cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- Put the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the double cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to the boil, watching carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot.
- When the double cream has come to the boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, add the maple syrup/honey and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum if desired.
- Allow the ganache to cool very slightly (no longer than 1 minute) before pouring over a cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward.
- For a chocolate filling or fluffy frosting, allow it to cool until thick, then whip with a whisk until light and fluffy.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.
Do you want to make your own blog? Here is our special article for you!