You will need just 10 minutes to make this recipe. This easy crusting cream cheese buttercream can be a perfect addition to your favorite cupcakes, pancakes, cakes, and even fun cocktails. It is a delicious buttercream frosting that it holds its shape really well and can form a beautiful crust. Here is the recipe:
- 2 sticks (1 cup butter), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 lbs. powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk (add to get consistency to spread or pipe)
- A few drops of pink (strawberry) food color (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and the shortening (I used Crisco). Whisk on low speed for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Place the cream cheese and vanilla and mix again until well incorporated. Gradually put the powdered sugar until mixed. It will be really stiff!
- Next, start pouring milk until you reach the wanted consistency for decorating (around 2 to 3 tablespoons works well for me!) You are done! Frost and enjoy!