These mini delicious crostini with olive paste can be your ideal breakfast, late night dinner, or snack. Simple, easy, and tasty – what more could you wish for! Here is the recipe:
- 200 grams/ 7 oz. black olives, stoned
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 small slices Tuscan white bread or ciabatta
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Cayenne pepper
- Coarsely chop the olives and anchovy fillets, then puree them together with the capers and as much oil as is needed to make a thick paste. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Toast the bread on both sides under a grill or in the oven until golden brown.
- Spread each slice with olive paste and garnish with a basil leaf.