This is a classic graham cracker crust recipe that is very easy to prepare. It is a no-bake recipe that you can use as a base for many pies and tarts. You will need just a few minutes to make this crust – though, you will need some extra time because you should place in in the refrigerator in order to set – ideally around 1 hour. But, if you are in a hurry – put in the freezer for 15 minutes and then use. Here is the recipe:
Servings one 9-inch pie plate
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine crumbs, confectioner’s sugar, and softened butter. Press batter into a 9-inch pie dish. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom and sides of the plate.
- Place in the fridge around one hour before filling – or 15 minutes in the freezer (if you are in a hurry or preparing a 5-minute recipe).