This is a delicious, authentic chocolate tiramisu with an amazing twist – creamy, chocolaty, and tasty! Here is the recipe:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur, divided
- 8 oz. of brewed espresso (or other strong coffee) cooled to room temperature
- 12 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 18 Italian-style ladyfingers (savoiardi)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- mini chocolate chips, for garnish, if desired
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave or over a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, egg yolks, 1 tablespoon chocolate liqueur, and 1 tablespoon of the brewed espresso (taken from the 8 oz.). Mix with electric mixer until frothy.
- Add mascarpone cheese to the egg yolk mixture and whip until combined. Add in the cooled melted chocolate and beat until creamy.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg whites with a spatula until combined. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon chocolate liqueur to the coffee and pour into a shallow dish. Quickly dip 9 lady fingers into coffee mixture and place in a single layer on the bottom of an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish. (you will need to break the 9th one in half before dipping to fit into the dish).
- Gently spread half the chocolate cream over the layer of ladyfingers. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and repeat layers with remaining ladyfingers, coffee mixture, chocolate cream, and cocoa. Garnish with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours before serving to allow for the lady’s fingers to soften.
See Also: How Dark Chocolate Is Making The World A Better Place
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.