These chocolate mousse brownies are so cute, chocolaty, fluffy and delicious! When they are baking the kitchens smells so good! Your family and friends will love them. The combination of mousse and brownies is so perfect! You will need 20 minutes to prepare them plus 30 to bake – simple as that! Here is the recipe:
For the brownies:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the mousse:
- 4-ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- Chocolate chips/chocolate shavings/chocolate curls (optional)
- Fresh berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 9-in. square baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cocoa, flour, and salt. Melt butter on a low heat. Remove and add in vanilla and sugar. Rapidly whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Apply butter mixture to the flour and cocoa mixture and combine until well incorporated. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the mousse. In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, heat the milk, chocolate, and marshmallows, stirring often until smooth. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add in cooled chocolate mixture and combine to incorporate.
- Spread mousse over the cooled brownie and smooth with a spatula. Refrigerate the dessert for at least half an hour, or until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top with extra chocolate and decorate with some berries, if desired. Slice and serve.