I love a cup of seriously strong coffee (usually espresso intenso) and a homemade cannoli, especially with lots of chocolate. That taste always reminds me on piazza Bra (a square in Verona, my hometown)… When I am making these at home, I am holding them up to the standard of those memories. This delicious chocolate dipped cannoli dessert really comes together in 2 parts: make the shell, thin and crispy and then make a filling with serious flavor.
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted chopped pistachios
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups melted chocolate (for dipping)
- 12 prepared cannoli shells (here is the recipe: LINK)
- In a large bowl, whip together amaretto, cinnamon, heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar until soft peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pistachios and ricotta and stir in half of the whipped cream. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream. Fill a pastry bag with no tip with the mixture to fill the cannoli shells. Decorate with some mini chocolate chips.
- Dip the tips of the cannoli into the melted chocolate. Place the sheet tray in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until filling and chocolate is set.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.