Welcome, March! Every year on March 17, the Irish and the Irish-at-heart across the globe observe St. Patrick’s Day. What began as a religious feast day for the patron saint of Ireland has become an international festival celebrating Irish culture with parades, dancing, special foods and a whole lot of green.
It’s often associated with the beginning of spring, flowers blooming, warm breezes in the afternoon, and all things green. Green beer is a traditional celebration tool but not for me. I’ve never had green beer and don’t plan to start now. I do, however, enjoy baking and creating tasty desserts that start with Bailey’s Irish Cream Liquor, like this one:
Chocolate Baileys Truffles
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons Bailey’s Original Irish Cream liqueur
- 2 tablespoons heavy (whipping) cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water.
- Cook until nearly boiling.
- Stir with a wire whisk until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the Baileys, heavy cream and vanilla.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hours to chill.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the chocolate, and roll into truffles of your desired size.
- Dust with cocoa powder then set aside.
- Place them on a plate and leave to cool in the fridge for half an hour.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.