These cute choco-mint bars are so minty, creamy and very delicious! They are a perfect spring-summer choice if you are a fan of chocolate because they are really refreshing and chocolatey! Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 1 package mint Oreo cookies, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb. package small chocolate mints (chopped, divided
- For the peppermint layer:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 5 – 6 drops green food coloring (optional)
For the pudding layer:
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 9-ounce (1 box) chocolate fudge pudding
- 8-ounce (1 container) whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)
- chocolate bar shavings
- Line a 8 X 8-inch baking pan with parchment (the edges should come up on the sides, allowing you to easily remove the bars from the pan so you can slice it before serving).
To make the crust:
- In a blender or food processor, process 24 mint Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Add the butter in a heatproof bowl and melt it in a microwave (for around 20 sec). Then pour it into the blender/food processor and mix shortly to combine.
- Press the crumbs into the prepared baking pan to create the base. Place in the fridge to set for around 20 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the peppermint cream cheese.
To make the peppermint cream cheese:
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the cream cheese until soft.
- Apply the sugar, peppermint, and a few drops of green food coloring (if using) and mix again.
- Whisk until thoroughly incorporated, scraping down the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Add in 1cup of Cool Whip and mix until well combined.
To make the pudding:
- In a bowl, beat together the milk and chocolate fudge pudding. Refrigerate to set.
- Chop 30 chocolate mints and distribute them over the crust. Apply dollops of the peppermint cream cheese over the chopped mints and smoothly spread over the pan.
- Apply dollops of pudding over the cream cheese and spread.
- Then, apply the remaining whipped topping over the pudding.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to set. 30 minutes before serving, apply pan into freezer – this will help you to slice it easily.
- Chop the remaining chocolate mints.
- By making thin slices along the side of the chocolate bar – make some chocolate curls.
- Lift bars out of the pan by the parchment when ready to serve.
- To decorate, sprinkle the chopped chocolate mints and curls on top.
- Remove the parchment from the sides and slice with a knife. Serve.