This chicken cacciatore, or Italian: pollo alla cacciatora, can be your perfect lunch! Surprise your family for the weekend with this simple and delicious recipe. Here are the directions:
- 1 chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 55 grams/ 2 oz. pancetta, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 125 ml/4 fl oz. white wine
- 4 tomatoes
- 225 ml/ 8 fl oz. meat stock
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the chicken, pat dry with kitchen paper and cut into 8 pieces. Rub generous amounts of salt and pepper into the skin. Heat the oil in a casserole, add the pancetta and onion and fry until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Deglaze the casserole with the white wine and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Peel and quarter the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut into small dice. Add to the chicken, then pour in the stock. Cover and cook over a low heat for 30-40 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.