These Caprese skewers are so cute and delicious! They are very easy to prepare, plus they look beautiful – making them a great addition to each party. Gluten free and quick to make – here is the recipe:
- cherry or grape tomatoes
- mini mozzarella cheese balls (can use regular sized mozzarella ball cut into bite-sized pieces)
- fresh basil leaves (if they are very large cut them in half)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Long toothpicks
- Pour balsamic vinegar in a saucepan, on a high heat, and bring to boil. Then, lower to medium heat and simmer until you get a consistency of very thin maple syrup, around 8-10 minutes. Remove and apply into a bowl; allow to cool.
- Cut tomatoes in 1/2. Thread a small mozzarella cheese ball, then basil leaf, and a tomato onto a wooden pick. Repeat the procedure. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle cooled balsamic then a little bit of olive oil on top. Serve.