As an Italian, I always like to visit Italian restaurants that have a wonderful dessert buffet – and of course, most of all – I love to prepare them. The cannolis are among my favorites, so I often make experiments in order to reach the ideal cannoli taste that will taste good like the classic one and still, will be new, fun, interesting, and delicious to try. Cannoli are best if served the same day so the wafers stay crisp. Here is my new and fun cannoli recipe, called cannoli wafer sandwiches:
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 12 ounces white candy coating, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional confectioners’ sugar
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, confectioners’ sugar, sugar, and vanilla until blended. Spread 1 scant teaspoon filling on bottoms of half of the wafers; cover with remaining wafers.
- Dip each sandwich cookie halfway into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand until set, about 10 minutes.
- Serve within 2 hours or refrigerate until serving. Dust with additional confectioners’ sugar just before serving. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.