Every time you like to impress your guests I recommend you to make these Butterfinger cupcakes – rich, creamy, and beautiful! Everyone will love it – just make sure some of your guests/ friends/ or family members are not allergic to peanuts – otherwise, this recipe is a winner! The author of the recipe is Lindsay Conchar. Let’s begin:
Photo by Lindsay Conchar I thecakeblog
Servings 16 cupcakes
For the Peanut Butter Cupcakes:
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (57 grams/ 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup crushed butterfingers
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or water
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 3/4 cup crushed butterfingers
To make the peanut butter cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Using a mixer on medium, beat until light in color and fluffy, around 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and sour cream and mix until well combined.
- Add egg whites in 2 batches, mixing until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed in order to make sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Next, mix the water and milk in a small measuring cup.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until combined. Put the milk mixture and mix again until well combined. Place the remaining dry ingredients and mix all over until combined. Next, stir in the crushed butterfingers.
- Fill the cupcake liners around ½. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or right till a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven. Let cool for 4 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, it is time to prepare the chocolate ganache.
To make the chocolate ganache:
- Add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl. Microwave the heavy cream for 30 seconds (until it almost comes to a boil).
- Then, pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with a clear wrap for 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Let it cool.
- While the ganache cools, prepare the frosting.
To make the peanut butter frosting:
- Mix the shortening, peanut butter, and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add around ½ of the icing sugar and combine until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk or water to the frosting and combine until smooth. Next, add remaining icing sugar and mix again. Add additional milk or water, as required, in order to get the right consistency, and stir in the crushed butterfingers. Then, set aside.
- Spread a layer of ganache on the top of every cupcake. Pipe the frosting on the top of every cupcake.
- Top the cupcakes with extra crushed butterfingers (as desired)
If you liked our article, please like our Facebook Page.